Real gauges mounted into the reworked MIP. Fuel qty gauge is on it’s way from the States. The real RPM gauges are expensive so I am going to print up a new fascia and replace the fuel flow gauge. MIP Monitors now align to gauge cutouts and I will print up some bezels for each. Time to start integrating!
VHF Comms in place
Built the slide potentiometers over the last two days for the throttle quadrant and tested it with the Arduino Uno. I am going to use ArdSimX for the controls as it is easy and offers a lot of flexibility. All working beautifully. Now I need to complete the internals of the quadrant and then skin it in mdf.
I purchased an original Cessna 421C throttle quadrant and will wire it up with an Arduino setup with Linear Pots. I still have to sheet the structure and paint it.
Finished the head liner today. White vinyl with a thin wadding underneath. Tomorrow will be the rear panels, then the window panels.
Side windows sheeted out. The weekend will be spent on the router!
Two ceiling panels and two rear panels completed today. Next are the side panels and then vinyl covering.
Finished the two side walls and framing out the rear wall today. I made a start on the roof area and purchased the vinyl that I will use for all internal panels. The whole lot will be white with a black mip eyebrow and Cessna grey panel. I will start to 3d print the bezels this week ready to fit…
I framed out the sides and rear today. I also modified the co-pilot side mip to be more curved and changed out the 17” monitor for a 15” one. I pulled apart the secondary compass that will mount in the middle of the windscreen ready to convert it using a stepper motor and control it with the Arduino. Next is…
Making good progress on the build. The window frames that will hold the 32″ LED screens have gone in.