Did some French stitching today on the cover for the glare shield. Next weekend I will glue it in place.
Upholstered Side panels and monitors are now in. It makes a massive difference to the experience. The front 180 degree curved screen will finish this right off. That is my next item to build along with painting the mip and covering the glare shield. I have been flying YMMB doing touch and go’s and it is great!
Force Feedback Yoke is taking shape. Waiting on a couple of prints to finish for the pulleys and one additional part then I am ready to wire it up and rest it out! I purchased the control cards from BFF Simulations and built the rest myself based on his excellent instructions. I built the Open Beam version which was easier…
Further progress today. Covered all the walls and windows with white vinyl and also covered the upright in the centre of the mip as well.
I am planning to rewire these two units and integrate them with ArdSimX.
I extended and rewired my saitek yoke today so that I could start flying while I wait for the rest of the parts for my force feedback yoke to arrive. 26 wires in total to solder 🙃😊. Testing tomorrow to see how it goes. Finally starting to look like a flight simulator.
Glare shield frame is now built. Next is to cover it with black vinyl. I used 18mm thick rigid foam and a timber fascia to allow it to keep its shape. The foam is glued to the timber fascia.
KX165A radio panel 3d printed with PLA. Waiting on the encoders and 8 segment leds to arrive to complete the design. First one is an original KNS81 nav unit fascia that I used as an example.
The MIP is alive! The printed bezels make a huge difference. The G1000 in Air Manager is displaying black only so I need to work this out. Otherwise all is good.
Printing bezels to go with my mip panels. 19 in total required and 52 minutes each